Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Crafty Spark - The Crafty Librarian

Pip has set the prefects and authors on this blog an assignment...being a bit nerdy, I love this sort of thing! She has asked for us to post the tale of our "Crafty Spark", to tell the story of what it was that made us say, "Wow, I want to make things!"

I have posted about this a little before actually...but I do like reminiscing... it seems like such a long time ago now, but was actually only about 18 months ago.

First of all, a bit about me: my name is Jess a.k.a. The Crafty Librarian. I am a teacher librarian who lives in Sydney with my boyfriend. I have only been a Sydneysider for just over a year now, previously hailing from Melbourne. I'm still sussing out the craftiness of Sydney but seem to have found it with the awesome group of girls in Sydney Brown Owls.

Image from here.

So what was my Crafty Spark? This book right here: Softies. I saw it at my local library and couldn't believe how cute everything was. It had the blog addresses of all the very clever authors and I just started clicking away and I haven't stopped since. This book linked me to all my favourite blogs that I read today. It lead me to Mike's and to the shop and to my first crafty project: Miss Buttons.

I have been crafting away ever since; sewing, crocheting, embroidery, you name it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there is a lady who makes all these dolls and sells them at the st andrews market in victoria every saturday