Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Canberra July - learn to embroider!

Hi owls!

Not long to go now until our July meeting!
We're meeting on Sunday July 22 at 1:30pm at the Downer Community Centre and we'd like to invite you all to come and learn how to do embroidery!
We'll be using this ace sampler tutorial to practise 6 different embroidery stitches!


 To make a cute pin cushion, you'll need to bring along:
  • A copy of the sampler pattern - you can print it out here
  • A piece of fabric to embroider on. Make sure it is a bit bigger than you want your finished pin cushion to be - you'll trim it down once it the embroidery is done. The tutorial recommends a 6"x6" piece for a 3"x3" cushion.
  • Backing fabric for your pin cushion - this should be just a bit bigger than you want your finished cushion to be (to allow for seams)
  • A fabric marker
  • Needle
  • Embroidery floss
  • A button or any other embellishment you'd like to use
  • Stuffing
We'll have some extra supplies on hand, but it is super important that you let us know in the comments when you RSVP if you will need anything - so we can make sure that there is enough to go around =)

As always, everyone is welcome - so if embroidery just isn't your thing, or if you have another project on the go that you just can't put down, please join us and bring along anything you'd like to work on! 

Please RSVP in the comments so that we know how many owls to plan for!
And don't forget to bring along $5 for room hire, something for afternoon tea if you would like, and of course any show and tell you'd like to share! =)


Please get in touch by email or through the comments below if you have any questions!
(please remember to leave us your contact details in the comments so we can get back to you if you would like!)

Hope to see everyone soon!

xo Bron, on behalf of the Canberra Prefects

ps. Don't forget to save the date for our August meeting - on Sunday August 19 Renae from Suzy Hausfrau will be teaching us to crochet granny squares!




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi i'll definitely be coming, but i have all my own materials.

Joanne

Michelle said...

I will be there! Have all my own materials, and can bring stuffing if you need any

Caz Turner said...

Hi there

I'll be coming for sure. I've just moved to Canberra and was hoping to find a craft group!

Is it ok to bring my 4month old son (he'll probably sleep through it all!)?

Thanks, Caz

Nicole said...

Hi, I'll be there. I'm new to the group too. I have my own materials. Thanks, Nicole

Danielle said...

See you there!

Coral said...

Hi, I'm new and would like to attend. Will bring my own materials.

Regards, Coral

SadieandLance said...

I'll be there. I'm bringing a friend too I think.

Jo said...

I'll be there too!

Will bring my own materials

Jo

Bron said...

I'll be there =)

Vilet said...

I will be there but have my own materials
Sandra

Jules said...

I'll be coming (provided am well by then) and will need to bring kidlets. Jules

Anonymous said...

Hi, I will be coming and bringing my mother in law along who is visiting from Brisbane. We will have our own material.

Thanks.

Genevieve