Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Southside Owls ~ Thu 9th May - Get your granny on at Miss Jackson!

Hello lovely ladies!!

It's time to get the open fire roaring at Miss Jackson! And whenever the weather starts to get colder, I always start thinking about playing with yarn. I've whipped out a granny square crochet blanket that I've been getting re-acquainted with over the past few weeks. What could be better than curling up on the couch under the blanket you are making when it's cold!


I *may* have bought this crochet blanket along to our very first Southside owls meet in March 2011...it might get finished this year!


Date: Thursday 9th May
Time: 7:30pm onwards

Venue: Miss Jackson2/19 Grey Street St. Kilda (through the big rusty gate)
Close to the #16, #96 and #112 trams, and nearby parking below
Craft: Crochet!! Get your granny on with granny squares or whatever crochet you like! Of course BYO is always welcome if you're not a hooker!
The lovely Pip from Meet Me At Mikes has a series of awesome tutorials for granny square beginners here
And I have a shared crochet pinterest board with oodles of inspiration here ~ let me know if you would like to contribute any pins!!
And I'm a leftie, so don't fear if you are too, I can help! And we'll have rightie crocheters on hand too!
          
Goodies: We will have tea and baked goodies, please feel free to bring something along if you would like to show off your baking skills!

RSVP: Leave a comment here, on facebook, email me or tweet me!

See you all next week! Looking forward to it. Get your granny on!!
Shan x

No comments: